Important Announcements from Deep South Meat Supplies
If you have been following our Facebook Page and/or you have received emails from us in the past two weeks, you would have learnt that it is with great sadness that we announced that our Meat Farmer has closed down his farming operations due to personal reasons.
It is due to this that we have needed to make changes to our Online Shop. Please read further to find out what changes we have made.
VARYING PRODUCT LINES
Over the past two weeks, we have been doing many things behind the scenes, and one of these tasks was to source our meat products from other farms in the Western Cape, Namibia & the Eastern Cape. What we discovered in the process is that we need to offer Varying Product Lines. So, what exactly does this mean? In essence, we now offer you the choice of two different product lines, namely, Free Range Grain Fed meat and Certified Organic Free Range & Grass Fed meat.
- Grain Fed means that the animals have their diets supplemented with grains. The great news is that their diets are only supplemented, so the majority of their diet is still as nature intended it to be, from the land. This line of meat products is the more budget-friendly option.
- Certified Organic Free Range & Grass Fed meat comes from animals who graze from the pastures only! No grains, no supplements and naturally gluten free.
So, the choice is yours. We have selected to source our meat from the best farms, and are confident that you will be 100% satisfied with your meat, regardless of which option you choose.
As with any business, when a change of supplier’s occurs, so do the products on offer. Although we have needed to discontinue some of our products, we have some amazing new products available now.
Although we may have discontinued a few of your favourites, we are extremely pleased with our brand new selection, and hope that you will try them all, including a new selection of Gourmet Sausages for you to try. Our Gourmet Sausage Selection now also includes a replacement for our previous 100% Beef Sausage. Our new 100% Beef Sausage is made from Angus Wagyu (pronounced ‘Wag-hoo’) Beef only! Not sure what Wagyu Beef is? We found an insightful description on Wikipedia. You can read all about this very special beef here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagyu
To find out what we have added, simply follow this link to find out what we have in-store http://www.deepsouthmeats.co.za/product-tag/new/.
Due to these products being newly released, some of them may not have images as yet. We are in the process of uploading them though.
WHERE DOES OUR MEAT COME FROM?
As mentioned before, we now source our red meat (Beef, Pork, Venison & Lamb) from different farms, and we would like to reassure you that when we say that your meat is ‘Certified Organic Free Range & Grass Fed‘, that is exactly what you are buying!
- Beef: Sourced from LOWLANDS MEAT aka Greenfields in Napier.
- Lamb: Sourced from the Willisten Abattoir. This Abattoir is proud to display that they are fully compliant with SAMIC’s standards and may therefore classify their lamb as Certified Karoo Meat of Origin (KarooMOO). The minimum requirements for this certification can be found here, https://www.karoomeatoforigin.com/karoo-standards/
- Pork: Sourced from Oak Valley Estate in Elgin.
- Venison: Sourced from two different farmers, one in Namibia and the other in the Eastern Cape.
If you’re wondering why we have chosen these farms, well, its simply because of their ethical farming practices and their high quality standards.
ALL of these farms are CERTIFIED & REGISTERED as such with the South African Meat Industry Company (SAMIC), who are the quality assurers for the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF).
We are very proud to be able to offer these products to you, and hope that you will enjoy them as much as we do.
As a small token of our thanks for your patience while we have been making the various changes to our Shop, and also because we just love stuff at better prices, we are offering 10% off ALL ORDERS between now and the 12th of March. Yes, that’s all orders, no restrictions or limitations … NADA!
In order to claim your 10% discount, simply insert the code march2017 into the Coupon Code field when you’re at Checkout and we will automatically deduct 10% from the total value of your order.
Good to know
- The code is case sensitive, so it won’t work if you are using CAPS.
- It entitles you to get 10% off your order, every order, until the expiry date. So, whether you shop daily or weekly … you can claim this more than once if you place multiple orders in this timeframe.
- Valid until 12 March 2017 only
In closing, we thank you again for your patience while we have undergone these changes, and look forward to your feedback about our new products.
— Deep South Meat Supplies
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with all our latest news, new product additions and specials.